Ratnagiri Balamurugan temple is an ancientMurugan temple is located in Ratnagiri, Vellore, India; a deviation from Chennai Bangalore National Highway.
It is said that the priest of this temple is an enlightened person. The deity is God Karthik in Child form. A good place to get the grace of Lord Bala Muruga.Built around the fourteenth century, the temple is located on the top of a hill. It is believed that, ‘where there is a hill, there is Lord Muruga’.
The 14th Century poet Arunagirinathar has sung about this temple as ‘Rathinakiri Vazh Murukane Ilaya Vaaramarar Perumaley’, which means ‘Murugan, the God of Devas resides in Rathinagiri’. It is also said that we can write maximum of three queries to him for which his answer will be sent to us through post.
It is believed that the divine power in the temple manifests its blessings in three forms
- In the form of the Lord Murugan idol in the shrine
- In the form of the guru Swami Balamurugan Adimai
- In the form of the devotee.
Everyday, hundreds of devotees visit the temple to seek the blessings of Lord Murugan.
* Temple is kept open between 6 am to 1 pm & 4 pm. to 8 pm.
* Abhishekam timings: 6 am to 10:30 am & 5:30 pm.
* Temple office working hours: 9 am to 1 pm & 3 pm to 6 pm.