The church was constructed by the Danish missionary ‘Christian Friendrich Schwart’ in the year 1779. This church was built during the period of Marathas. There are no pets allowed in this church and it is open from 0600 hours to 1900 hours.
This church is just a plain building with few distinctive features. There is a sculpture of Schartz with the Maratha king and the missionary Guericke, on his death bed. The house, in which Schartz used to live is not converted into a school.